Thursday, August 11, 2011

A Testimony

Today, I feel enlightened to share my testimony of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I know that He is the Savior and Redeemer of the world, and that he suffered all things so that he would now how to help me in my times of need (Alma 7:11-13).

The other night I was reminiscing about some of the experiences that I have had in my life. In each experience I thought about I felt as though I was unable to reach my full potential because of some outside source. I felt short changed because someone else's freedom to choose had limited my ability to succeed, as often happens throughout the course of life. Then a friend brought the Savior to my remembrance, and the Atonement that he suffered. The mistakes and incorrect choices that you and I make everyday led him to have to suffer in the Garden of Gethsemane. The choice that someone very close to Christ made to sell Him for the price of a slave caused Him to be lifted up upon the cross and suffer the pains of physical death. However, the Savior's love for us shined forth out of the pain and the torment that He felt during the moments of suffering. He rose on the third day as a resurrected being and conquered physical death.


Though sometimes I feel that other's choices hold me back and bring me down, I stand comforted to know that one day, as long as I keep trying to be the best I can, I will reach my full potential because of the love of our Father in Heaven for us and because Christ  suffered all things for me and for you (Romans 8:16-17).



No comments:

Post a Comment