Thursday, September 29, 2011

Keep the Change

Life has taken some unexpected twists and turns over the passed several weeks. News of changes back home, and constant changes here on the mission keep me on the edge of my seat. No matter how prepared I think I am for change, it always seems a little difficult to adjust to the peaks and valleys of life's journey. However, there is always reason to Keep the Change.

Elder Steven E. Snow of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints related this story:

"During the very early years of her life, our niece Lachelle spent the mornings with her grandmother. The two shared a special bond from these hours together. Lachelle soon turned five years old and was preparing to begin school. On their last morning together, Grandma Squire read her granddaughter a story and rocked her in the big rocking chair. 'We have had so much fun together, Lachelle,' she told her, 'and now it is time for you to go to school. I love you so much; what will I ever do without you?'

With wisdom beyond her five years, Lachelle looked up at her grandmother with big brown eyes. 'Grandma,' she said, 'I love you too, but it is time I got on with my life.'"

Just like Lachelle we can embrace change and "get on with our lives." With change comes challenges, and with challenges comes new opportunities to learn and to grow. As we become seasoned with life's experiences we become more like our Father in Heaven, and grow closer to our Savior Jesus Christ if we rely on them for guidance. As we "Trust in the Lord with all [our] heart; and lean not unto [our] own understanding....he shall direct [our] paths,"(Proverbs 3:5-6) and we will make it through life's changes.



No comments:

Post a Comment