Thursday, October 27, 2011

The Fork in the Road

The other day, my companion and I were driving down a backstreet here in Missoula. I am still pretty unfamiliar with the roads around the city, but I knew what road we were on and I thought that if we just stayed on that road it would lead us to where we were going. Suddenly the road forked, I hesitated for a moment not knowing which way I should go. Luckily my companion who is much more familiar with the area was there to guide me in the right direction, and we reached our destination in quickly and safely.

Often in life we feel like we are doing the best we can, we know where we're at, and we know that we're on the right road. However, many times a fork suddenly appears in our road. We don't know which way to turn, or what to do. Luckily we too have a companion that will tell us which way to go. Jesus Christ has set the example for us in all things that we encounter.

"...Feast upon the words of Christ; for behold, the words of Christ will tell you all things what ye should do." (2 Nephi 32:3) He laid the example before us, and given us his words. The scriptures tell us all things what we should do. If we read them with a sincere heart, willing to act upon and apply their message into our lives, and pray to our Heavenly Father in the name of Christ to know if they are true, they will show us the direction to go when we reach the fork in the road.

It takes effort on our part, but if we do our best we will not be left alone wondering whether we should go left or right. With the help of the scriptures and through sincere prayer, we can find our way.

No comments:

Post a Comment