Thursday, April 26, 2012

See for Yourself

Last Saturday evening I had the rare and wonderful opportunity to baptize a young woman. Over the previous weeks she had studied, pondered, and prayed to our Father in Heaven that he would reveal to her what she should do. We had told her that we knew what we were teaching her was true and that she could know as much as we do. It all came to a climax when we invited her to be baptized and she accepted, committing to enter into the gate that our Father in Heaven has prepared for her. "And now, I would ask of you, my beloved brethren, wherein the Lamb of God did fulfill all righteousness in being baptized by water?
 Know ye not that he was holy? But notwithstanding he being holy, he showeth unto the children of men that, according to the flesh he humbleth himself before the Father, and witnesseth unto the Father that he would be obedient unto him in keeping his commandments.


Wherefore, after he was baptized with water the Holy Ghost descended upon him in the form of a dove.
And again, it showeth unto the children of men the straitness of the path, and the narrowness of the gate, by which they should enter, he having set the example before them.
And he said unto the children of men: Follow thou me. Wherefore, my beloved brethren, can we follow Jesus save we shall be willing to keep the commandments of the Father?
And the Father said: Repent ye, repent ye, and be baptized in the name of my Beloved Son." (2 Nephi 31:6-11)
The joy that I felt when this young woman decided to follow the example of Jesus Christ and be baptized was incomprehensible. It was added to when my missionary companion asked her to write her testimony in his journal. When he read to me what she had written, I could hardly contain the happiness I felt. She said in this simple and short testimony that she had received a strong, pure, and simple testimony that she is a daughter of God, that he loves her, and that he watches over her. This along with other experiences that she expounded helped me to know and to feel the love of our Savior Jesus Christ and our Heavenly Father for both her and me. I know our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ live, they love me, and they love you. I invite all who read this to come to know our Savior, and follow him just as this young woman did last Saturday evening. Come to know of the truths of His gospel for yourself, He will answer your heartfelt prayers, just as he did with this young woman, and just as He has done countless times for me in the passed. 
To Learn More Click on One of the Links Below

No comments:

Post a Comment